Sunday, June 23, 2013

Toni's Review of The Chosen One by Gladys Quintal ***3 Stars***



Trying to exist undetected in a human world with a human family, is hard enough when you are a vampire - but finding out your son is the fabled Chosen One, makes things even more difficult.


Will Alexi's love be enough to protect his precious child from the powers that be? Or will he be condemned to live out eternity alone.....

*************************************

The Chosen One starts immediately where Be Careful What You Wish For ends. 

In The Man of My Dreams you read about Alexi and Cassandra’s beginning.  In Be Careful What You Wish For you learn about an unknown history that is beginning to wind around Alexi and Cassandra, tightening ever so slowly and in The Chosen One all the roads converge into a grand battle.

I have very mixed feelings about this book.  I enjoyed reading about what happened to Cassandra, but I also felt overwhelmed.  There was too much, too fast in this book.  It felt rushed to me.  The ending also leaves me wanting.  There are rumors of two offshoot novellas to the series, but I cannot locate any information about them.

With that said The Chosen One basically ties up the loose ends and has a happy ending, but leaves unresolved issues for me.  All in all, the story was fine, but I would have a hard time recommending it without a thorough warning.  The Dreams Series is a very good series with a few issues though.  It has a very unique love story, build around a real life legend with a fascinating and frightening history.


Even though I have concerns with the final chapter in this series, it was still an enjoyable read for me as a whole.  I hope to see more from Ms. Quintal.  She is very imaginative and I can see her only getting better with her story telling.

For all my reviews of The Dreams Series, please click the books below.


No comments:

Post a Comment