Monday, March 5, 2012

Toni's Review of Revealed by Evangeline Anderson ***4.5 Stars***



Book 5 in the Brides of the Kindred series

Nadiah has the Sight—the ability to see into the future. But the one thing she can’t see is how she’s ever going to be free of the blood bond her parents forced her into when she was only six. Her fiancée is an evil bastard who delights in torturing her and her only way out of a loveless marriage is for a Kindred warrior to challenge the hated bond. But Nadiah has no warrior to challenge for her—she just has Rast.

Adam Rast doesn’t know why he feels so protective and possessive of Nadiah, only that he’s willing to kill or die to protect her. When the chance to set her free arises, he takes it without hesitation, even though his lack of Kindred blood could mean his defeat or even his death. But Rast has a secret, one even he doesn’t know he possesses. When he undertakes Nadiah’s quest, the truth comes out in a strange and provocative way.

Can Nadiah and Rast live through their ordeal? Will the truth about Rast set them free…or kill them? You’ll have to read Revealed to find out.


******************


This series has been exciting, sexy and refreshing from the very beginning.  While I do like my series to have an ending in sight, this one seems to be going strong for the time being.  I couldn’t be more thrilled!

Revealed is book five in the Brides of the Kindred series.  In the first four books we enjoyed how each of the different Kindred and then the Scourge found their mates.  In this new book, we are introduced to a new being.  I’m not going to give anything away, so I’ll just stop there.

We met Adam a few books ago, but he really started to shine in the last book, Found.  He is a detective searching for missing women.  This stems from a past hurt, when he lost his beloved sister to a hateful crime.  His past and present are well described in Found, so I have to say with most certainty, this series should be enjoyed in its entirety.  Revealed is not a stand alone.  To completely enjoy the series, please begin with book one, Claimed.

In Found, Adam’s and Nadiah’s relationship begins to blossom.  While it has been a rocky road, it is a road that they needed to take.  Both have sorted pasts and hurts that will be healed by their joining.  Revealed begins immediately where Found left off.  Nadiah is in danger and must return to her home planet.  Even though it is the last thing she wants to do.  She is blood bound to a tyrant of a man and the only way to break the bond is in a challenge that must be accomplished by a Kindred male.  Adam may not be a Kindred male, but he can’t ignore his feelings for Nadiah.  She is in danger and he will battle all her monsters to protect her.

Their journey takes them from one end of the universe to another.  There are battles of strength, will, blood and eventually love.  I will have to say this very well could be my favorite of the series.  There was so much to enjoy and was put together so well, I was staying up late at night to enjoy it.  The only reason I’m not giving it a five rating is because of some editing issues.  They in no way take away from the story and in truth they are extremely minor.  If I could give it a 4.95 I would.

I think what I enjoyed the most, is how all the characters from prior novels are still so integrated into the storyline, but they are not intrusive.  It is seamless and doesn’t take away from the protagonists of this book.  This whole series is like that.  Ms. Anderson has kept my love for every couple strong and I feel completely vested in their lives.

Ms. Anderson has ended this story with so much to look forward to.  The couple for the next story is really a no brainer and I can’t wait.  So in that regards, I’m disappointed that I have to wait for next in the series, but I know with Ms. Anderson’s caliber of writing, she won’t fail me.  She has consistently engaged me, left me wanting more, but feeling stated at the conclusion of every one of her stories.  She is a gifted author and one that is always top on my list of “Must Read Authors”.

If you want to immerse yourself in a whole new universe, pick up this series.  Nothing beats seductive aliens coming to Earth to claim their mates, original sexual encounters, heart pounding action and journeys to strange new worlds.  Let your imagination soar.  Revealed will take you on an amazing trip.

Check out my other review from the series:



Thanks for reading! - Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment