Monday, January 2, 2012

5 Stars for Bound by Darkness by Alexandra Ivy

I have followed the Guardians of Eternity series for a while now and Alexandra Ivy never disappoints. I’m always enthralled in her books and end up reading them in a day. Bound by Darkness was no different and I enjoyed this one just as much as the others I’ve read.

In this book we have Ariyal who is a Sylvermyst, sinister cousins to the fey. Ariyal and his tribe have been slaves to the evil Morgana for centuries but in the last book Morgana was killed and his people are free. We also discover Jaelyn, a vampire warrior sent to capture him.

These two butt heads from the beginning and I was engaged and loving the characters from the first chapter. I love when I can relate to my characters and I fell right in with Jaelyn and Ariyal.

Part way through her mission to capture him, her advisors have basically told her to work with him because there’s a prophecy brewing that will mean the end of the world if it’s not stopped. One of Ariyals tribe has gone rogue, a Sylvermyst by the name of Tearloch, who’s working with the mage Sergei. The two are basically working together to try and bring back the Dark Lord. Basically, the Slyvermyst’s aligned with Morgana so they wouldn’t be banished back to hell right along with their master many years ago.

Jaelyn is an excellent heroine with a lot of spunk and fire. Ariyal is a delicious and dominating hero. I really enjoyed watching these two clash heads along the way, wondering if they’d find a way to make it work. Alexandra is one of my favorite authors and Bound by Darkness does not disappoint. If you’ve liked all her other books you’ll love this one just as much.


Reviewed by Paranormal Addicts

No comments:

Post a Comment